2FX-complex is the combination of our two different polysaccharide components – the 2QR and the newly manipulated polysaccharides – into one powerfull ingredient; 2FX (phonetic for Two Effects). 2FX-complex neutralizes harmful microbes by blocking their adhesion to human tissue and has a microbial clustering effect. 2FX-complex is effective in treating microbial problems and preventing infection. It is comprised of highly refined and purified natural polysaccharides derived from the leaves of the Aloe Barbadensis Miller plant. It can be a liquid or a powder and has very little smell or taste.
Anti-adhesive mode of action
The discovery of the unique, anti-adhesive mode of action of 2FX-complex came after many years of research, in collaboration with the Free University in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Anti-adhesive strategies are aimed at blocking the initial binding of microbes to human skin and mucosal tissues, to prevent infection in an early stage. Anti-adhesive therapies do not affect the viability of microbes and do not destroy the healthy microbiota. Another advantage of this mode of action is the absence of selective pressure, which minimizes the risk of developing microbial resistance. Therefore, anti-adhesive agents can offer an interesting, alternative approach to antibiotic and antimycotic treatment of common health problems related to microbial disruption.
Microbial clustering effect
Microbial aggregating effect is relatively rare in microbiology but has been described as a highly effective way to prevent microbial colonization and treat infection at an early stage. There are three reasons for this unique antimicrobial effect:
Firstly, the activity of the microbes is diminished; they are stuck, inert and can hardly move.
Secondly, the large clusters are easily removed by the body’s normal cleansing system.
Thirdly, because the microbes form large clusters their adhesive capacity is greatly reduced; these large clusters can hardly connect to the epithelium and their membrane surface is very limited.
A great advantage of this clustering effect over the antiadhesive effect is that it is already effective even with only a few connections to the adhesins on the pathogens. If only 1 out of 10 adhesins connects then they can already start interconnecting and form clusters. On top of this the clustering effect takes place rapidly, within mere seconds.
An alternative to antibiotics and antimycotics
The use of antibiotics is indispensable to treat serious infections. However, many less severe microbial problems that don’t require medication are often treated with antibiotics and antimycotics. Antibiotics can have serious drawbacks, including disturbance of the healthy microbiota and many other negative side-effects. To reduce the need for antibiotics and antimycotics, it would be highly preferable to treat uncomplicated microbial problems with products that contain effective anti-adhesive agents, such as 2FX-complex.
2FX-complex can be used as the basis for a variety of bio-active selfcare products aimed at the prevention and treatment of microbial imbalance and the related, common health problems.
Advantages of 2FX-complex
• Innovative mode of action blocks the progress of harmful microbes
• Effective in blocking a wide range of harmful microbes
• Reduces the activity of microbes
• Large clusters are easily removed by the body’s normal cleansing system
• The adhesive capacity of large clusters is greatly reduced
• Does not destroy the beneficial microbes
• Does not provoke resistance (unlike antibiotics and antimycotics)
• Highly purified natural ingredient
• No known side effects
• Not known to affect medication and can be used alone or alongside antibiotics and antimycotics
Summary of the science
• 2FX-complex polysaccharides derived from Aloe Barbadensis offer an innovative way to selectively neutralize pathogenic microbes by blocking their adhesion to the cells of skin and mucous tissue membranes.
• By neutralizing pathogenic microbes, the beneficial commensal microbes can reestablish the healthy microbiota. As a result, 2FX-complex combats pathogenic microbes and corrects and restores the healthy microbiota.
• This mode of action renders pathogenic microbes harmless in a natural and safe way, has no known side effects and does not provoke any microbial resistance.
• In vitro and clinical studies show that 2FX-complex has potent anti-adhesion activity against different classes of pathogenic microbes.
• In vitro studies show that 2FX-complex rapidly forms microbial clusters that show a highly effective way to prevent microbial colonization and treat infection at an early stage.